Sunday, November 2, 2008

A simple poem

The Path

As I walk along the narrow path,
Always stepping but never fast,
I keep on moving with eyes ahead,
Always striving, never giving up instead,
But when will my eyes be opened,
To the people walking the other way,
I want to stop them in their tracks,
And plead with them to turn away,
But my eyes stay straight not looking around,
I walk right by them without a sound,
When will I step left or right,
To warn them about their dangers in sight,
I want to share the love I have,
Given to me by my merciful Dad,
Gracious enough to bless this man,
With a love so amazing I can't understand,
I want to stand in the their way,
And scream and yell till the end of the day,
Yet I keep walking towards the Light,
But when will I realize that they are in the dark,
Waiting for someone to stand and say,
"Turn around, walk with me this way"

5 comments:

the sniders said...

shay, such an awesome poem. i'm very impressed with you and your writing. and you say you at English. :D seriously, love reading your blogs and poems. :D

Hales said...

Wow Shaphan...
you have a gift with words. It's a beautiful poem and rings with so much truth. Thanks for reminding me that others still need the love I hold. I'm so proud of you:)
I love you and miss you mucho :D

Jim Bogear said...

Great poem Shay. You are gifted son!!! Know God will use this to touch many lives. Thanks for sharing.

Mom gets back home today from Women's Retreat. We went public with the campus announcement. There was excitement all around. Just need to pray and see if and how God will perform a miracle. Called the church to fast and pray and we have a 24 hour prayer time next weekend on the property. Your small group is going over to pray on Thursday!!! When you checking back in with us? We wait for you to call on your schedule. Easier for you to call or for us to do so?

Love you and so proud. Remember to be generous with your smile, someone might just need one!

Mike W. said...

Shay,

I tried a couple times to send comments to you, but just figured it out today. Awesome poetry. Learned something new about you. We are all praying for you from the Wagner's home.

Mike

Jerolyn Bogear said...

Love the poem. Great imagery and such truth. You are an awesome young man; so proud of you. Love you bunches, Mom